Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Birdman goes down in flames


Birdman. He would be my nemesis if we were equals. But we're not. Comparable to the rivalry between Middlebury and Amherst college. One-sided. He's my coworker. I work and he exists in the same space near me. But yesterday I got to tell him what a shit worker he is. He deserved it. He really did. To summarize: I assigned 3 writing tasks to him while I was away on vacation. We confirmed what I wanted in person, in a meeting, and I sent an e-mail to confirm. When I returned from my trip I check his work and see he only wrote 1 of the tasks assigned to him. Instead of the other two he decided to write something completely different. Something that someone else wrote. I confront him, ask him icilly but politely why he chose to take an independent attitude to work. And he merely replied, deadpan, "I guess I just didn't check the e-mail." Sigh.

But I was able to tell him how embarassingly terrible he is. He agreed. I felt good about it and now whenever I see him I feel a little smile inside. Sometimes it bursts out, too.

I'm not a bitch. Burn, birdman, burn.

Link posted by megliemoo @ 2:28 PM   1 comments

1 Comments:

At 4:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You call him Birdman? I usually describe him as Gollum...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home