Thursday, August 04, 2005

Some like it hot


But do they like it Humid?
I don't. Look what happens to me in the hot and humid Tokyo summer. 36 celsius, 110% humidity.
Slight exaggeration possibly but not far from the truth. Below are my parallel lists of Tokyo summer good and bad points. If the bad points outweigh the good I want to remind you that summer is the LEAST pleasant season here.

Good
Cold beer!
Firework festivals
Never needing sweaters or jackets, even at night
wearing skirts and summer dresses
hand fans (not sure if this qualifies because on the negative side is the fact that they aren't that effective... but they look cool)

Bad
too humid
getting sweaty walking to the station from the house and from the station to work.
The days aren't much longer than in the winter. Bummer.
Cockroaches! I've found 3 in my room so far.

That's summer in a nutshell. Oh! Just remembered that things (people, trash, streets) are stinkier in the summer.

Link posted by megliemoo @ 2:30 PM   2 comments

2 Comments:

At 12:24 AM, Blogger Amy said...

Nice blog work Meggiemoo. I'm so happy I can keep up with you now! Wohooo!!!

 
At 1:36 PM, Blogger Chum said...

Ohio,

What's up? I just stumbled on your blog through Amy's and I wanted say hi. Hope you are loving Japan still despite the weird bird-looking gaijin. Enjo y a Kirin Ichiban at a hanami for me this summer ... and that is the extent of the Japanese I remember.

Love,
Rick

 

Post a Comment

<< Home