Thursday, November 10, 2005

Timing

I was just musing about life timing the other day and how it is so important. For example, there are books that suit certain periods of your life but not others. I tried to read 100 Years of Solitude for what seems like 100 years. Each time I coudln't get past the first chapter. Then one year I picked it up and didn't put it down till I had finished it.
Maybe I couldn't connect to the theme or characters because I personally hadn't experienced enough in life.

Right now I have 4-5 books I have started but can't finish. And at the same time I have 4-5 books that I have read in the past month that I just plowed through.

Top on my recent reads is:
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night.
White Teeth.

Both fabulous!

Link posted by megliemoo @ 11:49 AM   1 comments

1 Comments:

At 3:44 AM, Blogger Amy said...

Ah to have to read ... I have so many books piled up, it's ridiculous. One book that I've been reading whenever I have some time is An Alchemy of Mind by Diane Ackerman. I have the Curious Incident by my bed... just haven't had the time yet. Can't wait until Christmas break!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home