Monday, August 15, 2005

Taming Wild Beasties


In my walk from the house to the station I pass the same people each time. My current favorite is tiny woman with big dog (BD). Tiny woman is Asian, but I don't think she is Japanese. After passing each other for months, we have established quite a rapport. "Hello!" "Hello" Smile, smile, nod, nod. This photo was taken with my cell phone as I walked behind them.

Tiny woman is walked by BD, who is still young. YBD is a Bernese Mountain Dog. which are known to be difficult dogs to train. But Tiny One isn't daunted by that. As they move along the street, YBD stops in his tracks every 50 meters or so and refuses to move. Tiny one gives a half-hearted tug on the leash and then, with a surreptitious look to check that she is unobserved, pulls a scooby snack from her fanny pack and tosses it in front of YBD. This process is repeated as many times as it takes to finish their stroll around the block.

I wish someone would throw scooby snacks for me in the morning!

Link posted by megliemoo @ 9:53 AM   0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home