Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Mystery mania

I've become addicted to detective/mystery books. It started with getting reacquainted with Raymond Chandler. I love that guy. Then at my lovely local English used bookstore, Good Day Books, the very interesting Conan the Librarian has been feeding me a steady supply of the genre. From the more serious, "hard boiled" to more lighthearted modern stuff. The most amusing and fun so far has been Carl Hiaasen, Skinny Dip. The one with the most beautiful character development was The Bottoms by Richard Lansdale. My least favorite so far was James Crumley, the Mexican Tree Duck. But it was still a good read. Although hakf the time I didn't really know what was actually going on.

Any recommendations?

Link to the bookstore.
http://www.gooddaybooks.com/gooddaybooks/contents/home/index_html?language=english

Link posted by megliemoo @ 7:37 PM   0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home